If you are an employee or a social work student and you are unsure about how to raise a concern in your workplace the guidance below will help you. It explains the difference between raising a concern and whistleblowing and when a person raising a concern qualifies for legal protection under whistleblowing law.

Care Inspectorate staff and volunteers

If you are a Care Inspectorate member of staff or a volunteer you can refer to this guidance to support the code of conduct.

Independent advice and support on whistleblowing

Protect (formerly known as Public Concern at Work) is an independent charity that offers free and confidential advice on whistleblowing issues.